Summer Lawn Care Tips
SUMMER LAWN CARE TIPS WITH PLENTY MOWERS LAWN CARE PRODUCTS
- Maintaining a vibrant and healthy lawn is crucial for Australian gardeners, especially during the summer season. The intense sunlight and dry winds can cause significant damage, resulting in burnt areas that require daily attention.
- However, with proper care, you can protect your garden from extensive sun exposure with our lawn care products. Here are some essential lawn care tips to keep your lawn in great shape this summer.
Why mowing your lawn in high temperatures can be dangerous for lawn care?
- Mowing your lawn in high temperatures can be dangerous for lawn care due to several factors. Firstly, extreme heat can place additional stress on both the grass and the person mowing, increasing the risk of heat exhaustion or heat stroke.
- Secondly, mowing during hot weather can cause the freshly cut grass to dry out quickly, leading to damage and brown patches.
- Lastly, the hot temperatures can make the equipment, such as lawnmowers, overheat more easily, potentially causing malfunctions or even fires.
- It is advisable to mow during cooler parts of the day, stay hydrated, and use reliable and well-maintained lawn care products for proper lawn care. Following these lawn care tips will help protect your garden and ensure your safety during hot weather conditions.
Lawn Care with Optimal Watering Frequency
- Many garden owners make the mistake of watering their lawns too frequently and superficially. It is recommended to water your lawn only once or twice a week for effective hydration.
- Aim for approximately 20 litres of water per square metre to ensure the moisture reaches the roots and keeps your backyard healthy. You can check the amount of water your lawn receives by placing empty jars on the lawn and stopping watering when the water reaches about 2 centimetres in depth.
Avoid Superficial Watering
- Frequent and shallow watering can cause the roots to retract close to the surface, making them more vulnerable to heat.
- Additionally, avoid watering during the sunniest hours of the day when the water droplets can act as magnifying glasses, intensifying the sun's heat on the grass. Instead, set your sprinklers to operate during the cooler evenings to minimise evaporation and potential damage.
Adjust Mowing Height
- Adjust your mowing habits for the summer season. Instead of cutting the grass too short, raise the cutting height of your mower by one or two centimetres. This allows the grass stalks to provide better shade to the ground, reducing water evaporation and keeping the stalks stronger.
- STIHL Battery Lawn Mowers offer convenient one-handed height adjustment with easily accessible levers.
- If your lawn has grown longer over time, avoid cutting it all at once. Trim it in several stages to maintain its lushness, health, and green appearance. For lawns that were newly sown in the spring, allow them to sprout to a height of eight to ten centimetres before mowing.
Precise Lawn Edges
- Keeping your lawn edges neatly trimmed not only enhances the overall appearance but also helps retain valuable moisture. Consider using precision tools like the STIHL FSA 45 Battery Grass Trimmer and FSA 57 Battery Grass Trimmer to achieve clean and defined edges.
- To discover a range of high-performance battery lawnmowers and grass trimmers designed to assist you in maintaining a perfect lawn throughout the summer, visit plenty mowers best STIHL dealer in Melbourne and ensure your garden stays in top condition all season long.